This Technology Taskforce guidance is based on the experience of accessibility practitioners from the public and private sectors who have worked closely with their accessibility champions to raise awareness of the business benefits of accessible ICT.
The Accessibility Champion is an essential role. The champion will create the business case to explain:
- Why the business needs accessibility
- Identify Risks
- Benefits – Use BDF Technology Taskforce Materials
- Why we should do this
- Benefits to our organisation
- What does it mean for us?
- Why it can’t be delayed
- Use the maturity model to help understand and communicate the state of play.
- Equality Act 2010 – Anticipatory Duty (you cannot wait for people to identify a need).
- Early engagement saves money
Download guidance on the role of the Accessibility Champion