This Technology Taskforce guidance is based on the experience of accessibility practioners from the public and private sectors who have worked closely with their accessibility sponsors to raise awareness of the business benefits of accessible ICT.
The Accessibility Sponsor Is An Essential Role. The Sponsor Supports the Business Case and Accessibility Champion at an Executive Level to explain:
- Why the business needs accessibility
- Identify Risks
- Benefits – Use BDF Technology Taskforce Materials
- Why we should do this
- Benefits to our organisation
- What does it mean for us?
- Why it can’t be delayed
- Use the maturity model to help understand and communicate the state of play
- Equality Act 2010 – Anticipatory Duty (you cannot wait for people to identify a need)
- Early engagement saves money
Download the full guidance on the role of the Accessibility Sponsor